mbi Medical are pleased to be working with West Sussex County Council, who have an opportunity for a Qualified Social Worker to join their MASH team in Horsham.
About the role:
You will act as a professional who practices effectively with high-quality judgement, in situations of complexity, risk, uncertainty and challenge in line with the Professional Capabilities Framework. Manage caseloads with confidence and independence and are recognized as a source of reliable knowledge and advice and use your initiative to broaden your expertise. You help to support case conferences and produce quality assessments, taking shared responsibility and be accountable for your professional development. You will support equality and diversity and respect anyone working for or in contact with WSCC.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SOCIAL WORKERS ARE REQUIRED TO BE IN THE OFFICE FOR DUTY WEEKS - they are one in three. Candidates may also be asked to attend meetings or provide cover at other times, so will need to be able to attend the office at short notice.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Responsible for undertaking social work on allocated cases producing outcome based plans, having regard to the needs of, and risks to, children and their families.
- Develop effective relationships with CYP and their families to improve impact of work and determine the level of service available, ensuring written plans are agreed with the CYP and their families and reflect their views.
- Determine, using evidence based practice, how these needs will be met subject to resources, statutory responsibilities, within the framework of council policies and procedures.
- Responsible for effective Individual performance in line with national standards and performance indicators, including receiving regular supervision.
- Maintain, monitor and review accurate records of all work undertaken ensuring recording information is accurate and up to date, including comprehensive use of the Integrated Children's System.
- Work effectively move casework to other areas of service as appropriate with a clear transfer plan.
You will need:
- A recognized Social Work qualification e.g. Degree in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent as recognized by the relevant professional body.
- 2+ years Post Qualifying Experience
- Registration with Social Work England
- Knowledge of theoretical Social Work concepts and practices, with demonstrable examples of dealing with complex issues, for example, attachment, impact of developmental trauma and child development.
- Experience of effectively coaching and supervising others, acting as practice role model and promoting exemplary practice.
- Experience of managing levels of risk within a caseload.