mbi Medical are pleased to be working with North Yorkshire County Council, who currently require a Qualified Social Worker to join their Disabled Children's Service.
Main duties as a Social Worker:
- Carry out assessments and undertake care management for disabled children and their families.
- Provide a social work service to designated service users.
- Manage, monitor and review care plans, involving disabled children and young people and their families, and liaising with other workers and agencies as appropriate.
- Be aware of the resources available within the specialist area, including other sources of funding so that the maximum benefit may be obtained for families within budgetary resources of Children Services.
- Comply with the Children Services recording policy and to complete appropriate forms and documents as required.
- Make use of management information systems, including information technology, in the recording, retrieval and analysis of information as required.
- Undertake training as required and be proactive in undertaking activities to enhance professional development.
Requirements as a Social Worker:
- Professional Social Work Qualification at degree level
- To cover complex caseloads, therefore minimum 2 years post qualified experience is required
- Social Work England Registration
- Knowledge of Signs of Safety
- Enhanced DBS (child barring list)
- Flexible and responsive visits
- To visit North Yorkshire House, Scarborough (office-base) 3 times per week
- The remainder can be @ North Yorkshire House/ Home-based or alternative office based
Benefits as a Social Worker:
- Induction package as an Agency worker to North Yorkshire County Council
- Managed caseloads
- Working within a beautiful County. Low crime and unemployment rates
- Work alongside a supportive and knowledgeable team
- Work from home
- Mileage to be reimbursed (to be agreed by Manager upon conversation) to Agency Worker to cover the first 20miles there and back as a minimum, and we would potentially pay mileage up to a 50-mile commute.