mbi Medical are pleased to be working with Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council, who currently have an opportunity for a Senior Social Worker to join their Adults MASH team.
- Manage and monitor a workload of very high risk, complex cases and organize work activities taking into account the need to prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Work in partnership with a range of agencies and professionals to safeguard adults
- Lead investigations into allegations of adult abuse, implementing adult safeguarding procedures and resultant safeguarding strategies.
- Lead, supervise and mentor social workers (scale 8) ASYE/trainee social workers and social work assistants, supporting them to reach appropriate decisions, overcome difficulties and resolve dilemmas.
- Chair and facilitate planning and review meetings as required by Assistant Team
- Undertake interviews, assessments, observations using appropriate frameworks and applying information gathering skills to formulate plans to meet assessed needs consistent with the function of the team.
- Select, use and review timely and appropriate social work interventions that are best suited to the person and their carer, including the design and costing of care and support plans
- Record information in a timely, respectful and accurate manner, writing records and reports for a variety of purposes and audiences, using language suited to function and using the required information management systems
- Take responsibility for identifying your own learning needs, taking responsibility for improving your practice through appropriate continuing professional development.
You will need:
- Professional Social Work qualification at degree level
- SWE registration
- Enhanced DBS
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of relevant legislations, policies and procedures
- Valid, full driving licence with Business Use car insurance