mbi Medical are pleased to be working with Swindon Borough Council, who are currently looking for an Experienced Social Worker - Parenting Assessor to join their team.
The social worker role is to complete parenting assessments, these will predominantly be pre-birth parenting assessments, to inform the care planning for unborn babies at birth, to ensure they are safeguarded and the right support is provided to mitigate risks at birth. The social worker will need to be experienced in child protection work and completing comprehensive, outcome focused parenting assessments. The social workers undertaking the parenting assessments will work alongside the social workers who will be case holding the children.
Main Duties as a Social Worker
- Manage an allocated caseload appropriate to the extensive experience of the Experienced Social Worker, to include complex assessments of children, families and parenting and other work to meet statutory requirements.
- WorkwithinSwindonBoroughCouncil’s policies, procedures and good practice guidelines in order to meet the needs of the children and families allocated.
- Work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions, engender change enabling them to clarify and express their needs, and contribute to service planning.
- Undertake specialist assessments, for your and other workers' cases, for court proceedings, including parenting and kinship assessments.
- Where appropriate, act as the duty worker for the team responding to queries and issues
- Keep up to date with contemporary issues in children’s social work including legislation and evidence based practice and use this to inform working practice.
- Liaise with colleagues in own and other directorates and external agencies to gather information to inform assessment and care planning activities, jointly plan and deliver interventions.
- Work creatively with Social Work Teams, Fostering and Providers to develop placements plans to meet children’s needs with clear outcomes
Requirements for a Social Worker
- Social Work Degree/Diploma, SWE Registration and (if qualifying after 2013) have completed and passed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment.
- Have completed and passed post qualifying learning and development (e.g. Graduate Diploma or Placement Supervision award) or have appropriate equivalent experience.
- Hold a current driving licence and be prepared to undertake occasional long car journeys and on occasions transport children or clients.
- Experience of identifying the needs of children and young people and establishing targeted planning to meet their needs
- Experience of undertaking assessments and writing court reports and presenting evidence in court.
- Enhanced DBS
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of relevant legislations, policies and procedures.