mbi Medical are pleased to be working with Essex County Council, who currently require an Adult Social Worker to join their Meaningful Lives Matter Review Team.
ECC Adult Social Care, through effective practice, is moving towards a transformational shift from a focus on long-term care support, to a model with four key principles: - prevention; early intervention; enablement and safeguarding.
This will enable people, their families and carers to access information and tools, live healthily and independently and for our function an opportunity to respond proactively to growing service demand sustainably, within the financial constraints of the Council.
This post is an exciting opportunity to be part of Essex County Councils Meaningful Lives Matter Program. You will be working with people with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism, so a passion for improving opportunities for this group of individuals is essential. You will be part of a small team responsible for carrying our reviews of Adults with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism in line with the objectives of the MLM Ageing Well program.
- Assess complex social care needs and provide support to vulnerable adults, which enable them to live healthily and independently.
- Develop support plans that gain commitment to solutions that drive the care required for each individual’s needs.
- Accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy and guidance and determining when the threshold for statutory intervention has been reached
- Work collaboratively building effective relationships with internal and external partnerships and stakeholders, and the voluntary sector to assist children and vulnerable people in gaining support for inclusivity from within the community.
- Accountable for conducting assessments and plan responses to safeguard a child or vulnerable adult, include intervention as required.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
You will need:
- Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent
- SWE registration
- Evidence of Post Qualifying Experience
- Enhanced DBS
- Valid, full Driving Licence and access to vehicle
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of relevant legislations, policies and procedures