mbi Medical are pleased to be working with Hull City Council, who are currently looking for an Advanced Social Worker to join one of three teams, Locality, Permanence and Assessment.
Role and purpose of the job:
- Advanced Social Workers are highly skilled and experienced and the key purpose of the role is to deliver high-quality social work practice which achieves the best possible outcomes (and progress) for children and young people in need of social work support, assessment and intervention.
- Advanced Social Workers will demonstrate a high standard of systemic practice, providing support and co working with less experienced members of the team.
- Importantly, Advanced Social Workers will model and help others to develop key elements of Systemic practice, including;
A strengths and relationship based approach
Different perspectives and collaboration
Family & Goal orientated plans which are SMART
The value of systemic tools such as; genograms
- Advanced Social Workers will contribute to the overarching strategy and vision of the service, ensuring that practice demonstrates robust risk management arrangements. Practice will evidence a suitable focus on permanency and stability for children, through purposeful social work and other practice.
- The role works in partnership with colleagues, parents and carers to ensure that child centred systemic practice is the understood standard and expectation. This extends to other parts of the service and a priority to actively demonstrate a commitment to child and family feedback and a solution focused approach.
- Advanced Social Workers are expected to manage high levels of risk and complexity in casework. The role will manage a complex caseload, evidencing robust analysis and focused and purposeful practice.
- Advanced Social Workers will support the Team Manager with important aspects of the management role, including; team development work & co working complex cases with less experienced team members.
- Advanced Social Workers are required to have a high level of understanding regarding the statutory framework in which they practice. The role will work with the Team Manager to ensure that statutory requirements are met and that an appropriate focus is given to practice improvement and inspection preparation.
- Advanced Social Workers will be the lead worker for complex court work and will be required to support less experienced staff in developing court skills and preparing reports and assessments for court
You will need:
- Professional qualification in Social Work at degree level
- SWE registration
- Enhanced DBS
- Extensive evidence of continuing professional development
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of relevant legislations, policies and procedures