mbi Medical are pleased to be working with London Borough of Sutton Council, who are currently looking for an experienced Adults Social Worker to join their busy Hospital Pathway Team.
Hospital based social work team supports the discharge to assess process (D2A). The team tracks local residents from admission, through the discharge process and then reviews the care within six weeks of discharge before handing the case over to the community social care teams. Please be aware that successful applicants will be expected to assess clients face-to-face.
The successful Social Worker will conduct and complete social care assessments and reviews that are proportionate to need, whilst also considering individual needs and preferences and identified risks.
As a Social Worker, you will enable individuals to identify appropriate outcomes which will meet their needs and aspirations and work with them to achieve these, through an agreed support plan#
Duties as a Social Worker:
- To deliver social care to adult service users and their carers which enables them to make their own decisions.
- To identify risks to the individual and respond appropriately, thus ensuring any safeguarding and mental capacity issues are addressed.
- To liaise and work jointly with hospital and community professionals
- Post-holders will work with a range of service users including older people, people with physical, mental health and learning disabilities and other adults who may present with dual or complex needs.
- To operate within an agreed performance management and budgetary framework.
- Undertake and coordinate assessments of adults and be responsible for the care management of support plans that arise from the core assessments.
- To carry out a review of the support plan, proportionate to need and risk, ensuring agreed outcomes are being met • Undertake and lead Mental Capacity assessments and contribute to Best Interest decisions which positively impact on the individual's quality of life.
- Provide information and signposting advice to enable individuals to increase their sense of well-being and to access a range of resources that do not require social care assessments, including following up with the individual to ensure that the information provided was satisfactory.
- Liaise and work jointly with key professionals in a variety of settings in order to ensure robust integrated services are provided to adults and that risk and need are identified at an early stage.
Requirements as a Social Worker include:
- Professional Social Work qualification at degree level
- Registered with Social Work for England (SWE)
- Complete ASYE (where applicable)
- Enhanced DBS
- Previous hospital social work experience is essential
- Sound knowledge of IT system / good IT skills knowledge of Mosaic desirable
- Good assessment skills
- Sound legislative knowledge
- Efficient time management and organizational skills